April 22, 2014
AIA Cincinnati has a complete set of 2011 Kaplan ARE study guides for all interns/graduates as an aid in studying for the Architectural Registration Examination. AIA membership is not required. Contact Paul Shirley, AIA at GBBN Architects (513.241.8700) or AIA Cincinnati Executive Director, Pat Daugherty, Hon. AIA (513.421.4661).
1. Each item may be checked out for two weeks.
2. Only one item can be checked out at a time.
3. Item must be returned before you can obtain additional study guides.
1. Bring back items in the same condition that you received them.
2. Do not lend the items to others.
August 18, 2012
This session will guide candidates through the Site Planning & Design division of the ARE by providing general background necessary to pass the exam and provide an indication of the specific content areas that demand attention.
The site planning & design exam covers subjects including principles of site development, environmental issues, codes and regulations, site construction materials and technologies, zoning and the architectural process involved with site planning and design. The principle goal of this session is not to be a primer on design, but instead to present an effective and methodical technique for approaching a difficult and unique exam.
- Review of Multiple-choice Topic Areas: Environmental Issues, Site development principles, material and technologies, and project and practice management associated with site planning and design.
- Strengthen your ability to incorporate Codes and Regulations in the design of the site.
- Review solutions of the Site Grading and Site Design Vignettes.
- Discuss tips in using the software and tips for problem-solving the vignette.
Note: Please bring a copy of the 2011 Kaplan Study Guide
When: Thursday, October 30, 2014; 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Where: GBBN Architects, 332 E. 8th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
Instructors: Paul Shirley, AIA, GBBN Architects
Cost: $25 AIAS & Assoc. AIA Members; $30 AIA Member Staff; and $40 Non-Members
RSVP By: Tuesday, October 28, 2014