April 11, 2013
This is a two (2) session in-depth program about agreements for services and how to effectively negotiate contract terms. The contract with the Client (and subsequently with subconsultants) should reflect the goals and expectations of both parties and establish the conditions under which services will be rendered. This program will provide practical tools to allow for these mutual understandings to occur. The following are some of the issues that will be examined:
- Who is the Client? Owner? Prime A/E? Contractor?
- What kinds of contracts are utilized?
- What is the Architects’ responsibility under the contract?
- What is the Clients’ responsibility under the contract?
- What happens in the event of a dispute between the Architect and the Client?
- How to deal with Project Scope Creep and Additional Scope of Services.
- How to effectively negotiate equitable agreements.
- AIA Documents B101, A201, C401, B103, B104, B105, B503
- AIA Handbook of Practice
- Materials and handouts provided by instructors
Note: Sessions will involve pre-class homework, interactive class discussion, small group activities and role playing exercises. Satisfactory completion of the courses may be eligible for premium credit from your Professional Liability Insurance carrier. Check with your Professional Liability Insurance carrier.
Contract Negotation for Design Professionals serves as the platform for advanced workshops on:
- AIA Front End Documents
- Construction Phase Services
Instructors: Eric A. Teske, Assoc. AIA, Vice President, Oswald Companies & Eric O. Pempus, FAIA,LEED GA, Risk Manager, Oswald Companies
Who Should Attend: Principals, Licensed Practitioners, Emerging Professionals, Business Managers, Project Managers, Marketers, Controllers
Class Size: 15 min./40 max.
When: September 30 and October 7, 2015 (7:30 to 11:45 a.m.)
Location: McGill Smith Punshon – Training Room, 3700 Park 42 Drive, Suite 190B, Cincinnati, OH 45241
Cost: $295 AIA Member; $345 AIA Member Staff; $395 Non-Member (continental breakfast included)
CEU’s: 8 HSW when attending both Parts I and II
RSVP by: September 28, 2015